Crafting cosiness that feels like home
Doaba Sweets is a vegetarian restaurant that serves authentic Indian cuisine. The brief for this restaurant was to create an atmosphere that’s befitting the feel of a home-cooked Indian meal. The client required a full interior design of the restaurant along with the visual branding.
Interior Design Concept
Design TWG envisioned a cosy space that instantly puts one at ease, whether they are visiting for an intimate family meal together or hosting a small event. The entire space had to be designed within a designated area.
The idea of cosy interiors was encapsulated using a peaceful neutral colour palette. The neutral-coloured seating was combined with bright colours for furniture accents. Darker tones were employed on the walls. Bright colours were combined with simple materials to promote a a family dining environment that’s comfortable for everyone. This also brought out the vibrancy of the full brand.
Elements of Design
- Open display for sweets and food so customers can visually consume the freshness of the food.
- Feature ceiling creates an emphasis above the booth seating area
- Rustic copper highlights in the chair and booths as well as the lighting fixtures
- These create a unique contrast with the bright blue wall coverings used in the space
- Mood lighting fixtures are used to enhance the brightness of the space
- Textured wallpaper in the overall space