Chandni Victoria Banquet Hall
Innovating with lighting and technology for a peak luxury experience
The client for this project was an established company well known for creating event facilities in the Greater Toronto Area. They envisioned Chandni Victoria Banquet Hall as a building that speaks grandeur through its state-of-art technology that would wow today’s tech-savvy consumers.
Interior Design Concept
With a reputation for providing the best services in the events and hospitality business, the company chose the best hospitality interior designers in GTA for designing the Chandni Victoria Banquet Hall. It has a capacity of 1400 guests, with 2 different halls.
Design TWG made the most innovative use of lighting to create a grand luxury interior design for the banquet hall. The guests are welcomed by the 3 striking elliptical custom made chandeliers in the entrance lobby. LED lights are used creatively everywhere to support these grand lighting elements. The huge chandeliers used in the hall are an ode to celebration. They are also custom made on-site in collaboration with the ceiling contractor, electrical contractor and the mill-work contractor. These create video-like visuals and stunning light effects. The walls are adorned with bright wall scones that wrap up the entire room in an air of visual drama and intrinsic radiance. Painted ceiling coves and wallpapers come together and add delicate details to the majestic scale of the space. The room with its changing colours of light its intensity is an epitome of beauty. It was built in just 6 months after it was designed.
Elements of Design
- The lobby features 3 elliptical custom made chandeliers. Lots of intricate LED pin lights are used around the chandeliers to create a magical sight.
- The rest of the lobby is illuminated by special 6” LED pot lights.
- The lobby is designed with large format Italian tiles.
- The ceiling in the banquet halls has ‘gobo’ lights and 3 in 1 recessed ambience lights.
- The custom made chandeliers in the hall are made with strings of crystals which reflect the strategically placed pot lights on the ceiling.
Along with portraying what light and technology can do to a space today, it celebrates an amalgamation of cultures and global design trends. It honours the dynamic culture and community of the Greater Toronto Area.
Chandni Victoria Banquet Hall is also the winner of the IES illumination award for Best Interior Design Lighting in 2020.