Scope: The mandate behind the design of the upscale restaurant was to create an authentic luxury Indian experience befitting the classic sub continental cuisine and updating the tired rhetoric of traditional Indian food. Every guest’s touchpoint had to be regal and oozing opulence. Rich details, colors and textures had to be incorporated; but yet attract the young and provide a setting for fun and vibrant family-focused meals
Elements of Design:
- Illuminated onyx counter.
- Paintings of Indian royalty in thick ornate frames; some of which conceal cleverly hidden tv screens.
- Bright colors like mustard, mauve, violet, turquoise and royal blue are used to dramatize the journey of the guest from entrance to seating.
- The full height logo, cut in half on the back bar wall, gives an opportunity of brand recall in a
creative non-obtrusive way.
- Custom-made curio display behind hostess’s desk houses hand crafted artifacts collected from various
regions and eras of Indian history.
- The motifs of “Arch” & “Jali” (latticed screen), few of the most important art forms in vernacular
Indian architecture, are manifested throughout the space in different forms and proportions.