Scope: The design mandate was to create an authentic Indian dining experience in the town of Guelph Ontario, 2 hrs north from Toronto, bringing in the sophistication of the very vibrant culinary scene of GTA into Guelph. It would serve local cuisines from the traditional food cultures of India, spanning from the north all the way to the Southern Indian coastline.
Elements of Design:
- The abstraction of a tree was used to create interest and drama and to break up the huge open ceiling space
- Tree motifs are repeated also in other design elements giving an elegent and classy feel to the restaurant
- Wood look flooring and chandelier pendent lighting create sophistication and fine dine experience
- Large patterned fabric schemes are used to recreate the ancient tapestry traditions of India
- Ornate design of the accent flooring in the entrance sets the tone for articulation through the space
- Wall artwork in laser cut metallic tones and the green planter further accentuate the tree concept