The Flavours is a rebranded Indian restaurant that has evolved from its small takeout counter beginnings to offer a full-fledged family dining experience that celebrates Indian cuisine. The project’s intent was to integrate this family dining space into the new, larger space while maintaining the ever-popular lunch eatery atmosphere.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Project Type: Restaurant
Area: 1678 sq. ft
Style: Elegant, modern, warm
Elements of Design:
- Booth seating for family dining.
- Bulkheads to enhance intimate feel and add interest.
- Incorporation of red colour.
- Use of wood for a feeling of warmth and to add texture.
- Dominant feature wall at entrance, with restaurant logo, clad in hardwood seamlessly flows from wall to ceiling.
- Acrylic mirror panels on central bulkhead to reflect feature light fixtures.
- Large format red drum shade light fixtures over circular booths.
- Large rectangular family dining booth that can seat up to 10 people.
- LED lighting on booths walls and on bulkheads to add ‘halo’ glow.
- Bright red quartz bar counter with edge lighting.
- Bar bottle display with backlighting each cube shelf.
- Eclectic Indian tribal art framed in each booth area.